Wednesday 21 August 2013

Ode To A Crash

So for those of you that managed to get through the incredibly long tour around my kit, and found our each one of the components stories, you may remember the rather untimely demise of my Meinl MCS 16" crash. If you didn't read that, the story is rather simple. 

I bought my drum kit, along with a standard cheap cymbal pack around 4 years ago, and inside that cymbal pack was a 14" pair of hi-hats, a 20" ride (which I still have), and a 16" crash. The crash sat above my hi-hats, and came in for a lot of punishment over the 4 years of its life. It took it like a true champ, and sounded great the whole time. 

Unfortunately, the time came recently, when this wonderful circle of metal just couldn't take the strain any longer. It cracked. Not just in one place but in 3. I lemented over those for hours, trying to see if they could be cut out or anything, but sadly, it was not to be. It was the end for the little brave MCS. 


Today it rests, in pride of place, on my wall. RIP little buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment